1. Everyone involved in making it became ill or died mysteriously.
- The camera man who shot it burned to death in the sauna from the machine failure.
- By the time the film was aired, not one of the film crew was alive.
2. The actress in it suffered from mental illness and was forced to retire from acting.
- She was incarcerated in a mental institution.
- She eventually hanged herself.
3. The child actor impersonating as the red demon died suddenly:
- by getting hit by a car soon after filming - he got decapitated.
- after suffering nightmares and sleep paralysis non-stop for three days and nights
4.If you watch this advert, you will be cursed and/or die.
- After seeing this advert, many people committed suicide.
- If you play it in SAP the girl's singing voice transforms into that of old woman's.
- If you record it first and then replay it, the red demon turns into a blue demon.
It is understandable why people would start such rumours, seeing the eerie atmosphere which permeates the movie: the blood red background, the demon, the ethereal singing voice... But before you freak out, you should know that these rumours are totally unfounded! (After all the song, which was rumoured to be cursed and said to become a demon-summoning incantation when sung in reverse, seemed to have once been a no.1 UK hit single!) There was a newspaper article of a camera man who died in the sauna, but it is not known whether he was the same person who filmed the advert.
Here is another Kleenex advert known as the "Angel Version", which was aired between 1977-78 and also sometimes rumoured to be cursed.